The Gaming Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gaming Corner

You may discuss games, music, graphics, Vocaloid, and other things here. Write your own reviews on games if you'd like!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Stepmania Online  Flash Flash Revolution  Dragon's Fury  Thirdstyle  Indeed Forum  

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emithith
Administrator
Administrator
emithith

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Empty
PostSubject: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3   Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:15 pm

I actually like this game more than Persona 4. Discuss.

Graphics: P4>P3
Story: P3>P4
Characters: P3=P4
Difficulty: P3 > P4

Short Summary:
Persona is about a blue-haired teen-aged boy who arrives on Tatsumi Port Island to enroll at Gekkoukan High. Shortly after he arrives, he enters into a time period between one day and the next: The Dark Hour. During this time period Shadows come out and prey on anyone who hasn't transmogrified into their coffins. The school transforms into a giant 200 floor tower that you will be exploring during the year you attend the school.

Pros: I like the layout of the city more in P3 than P4.
The story isn't completely contrived, and by that I mean that you eventually learn about half way through why the tower exists, and what you are doing in the game. Where-as in P4 you learn at the very end who really is pulling what strings (and the optional ending in P4 is totally bs)
It was fun climbing the tower and fighting a boss that you would need to switch up your personae for to accommodate for your weakness, or it's weakness.

Cons: I didn't like that you couldn't control your party members. Sure, I did like it a bit, because it added difficulty, but it was unnecessary difficulty. There has been so many times I have relied on the AI to do something when it wouldn't do it, only for me to see the Game Over screen.
Too many party member characters. It was not fun trying to keep a balanced party. I ended up having 4 LV99s and 3 LV80-90s.
Whatever difficulty there was that concerned HP before is totally obliterated after you reach LV99. You get 999 HP/SP upon leveling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Emithith/
Gadeurokun
Administrator
Administrator
Gadeurokun

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3   Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:59 pm

But then again, who really likes a game where you get Sick or Tired?
It wastes grinding days and other stuff.
That and the Social Links can't be completed 100%. You'll miss one or two.
Whereas in Persona 4, you can literally max them all with 2 weeks to spare before you fight Adachi.
Back to top Go down
https://thegamingcorner.canadian-forum.com

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Page 1 of 1